Latest Update of COVID-19 - Fijian Immigration:
This is to advise that all foreign nationals who are currently stranded in the country due to COVID-19 should contact Fijian Immigration Office so that they could be properly guided to maintain their legal status. This applies to all categories of permit holders.
To see the Entry Requirements for Repatriating Fiji Citizens, please click the link below.
Information on International Travel - COVID-19
- Fiji has established a safe “blue lanes”, open to those yachts and pleasure craft sailing to Fiji. Any boat coming to Fiji will be carefully considered on a case-by-case basis. The only port of entry will be Port Denarau Marina. If this pilot project and if successful, extending blue lanes to other ports and marinas will be considered.
- Those eligible to sail to Fiji fall under two categories, both of which will require them to be tested in another country before departing.
- If their journey to Fiji will take 14 days or longer uninterrupted at sea, once they dock in Fiji and show proof of a negative test result, everyone on board will be screened by the Ministry of Health for symptoms. If they’re deemed to be healthy, their yacht will be allowed to freely visit other ports throughout Fiji.
- Alternatively, those with a journey at sea shorter than 14 days will be required to make up the difference in quarantine once they dock in Fiji at their own cost. So, say they spend eight days alone at sea –– they will then be required to pay for six days of quarantine in Fiji, after which they can be cleared by a negative test result, also at their own cost.
- Cruise ships are still strictly banned.
- From, Monday, the 22nd of June, Fijian citizens and Fiji residents in Australia and New Zealand will be permitted to travel to Fiji only after passing through a net of new safety measures.
- These are the options for returning residents and citizens:
- A health certificate from hospital or health facility recognised by MHMS in their respective country stating that he or she quarantined in Australia or New Zealand for 14 days immediately before departure from Australia or New Zealand
- Proof of a negative COVID test result within 72 hours of their departure for Fiji.
- If you haven’t done your quarantine in Australia or New Zealand but have been tested, you can present a negative COVID-test result within 72 hours of travel and, on arrival to Fiji spend 14 days in a government-designated quarantine centre. You can then go straight home if you are symptom-free.
- Mandatory: If you’re a returning Fijian citizen or Fiji resident, and regardless of whether you arrive by air or sea, you must download the careFIJI App to enter the country. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can buy one upon landing at Nadi Airport for as little as $100. If you come to Fiji, bring a smartphone or buy a smartphone and download careFIJI.
- As Fiji returns to a “new normal”, there will be a focus on rekindling Fiji’s vital film and television industry. Again, this will be done in a completely safe and controlled manner. Cast and crew won’t even be allowed to board their plane without proof of a negative COVID-19 test and will be screened for symptoms both before boarding and upon landing. They’ll then be entered into government-designated quarantine, whether that’s a pre-approved hotel or a remote isolated island, for the mandatory 14-day period. Absolutely all quarantine and testing costs will be borne by the production company.
- Expatriate Employees who have been issued 03 months extension of work permits will be eligible to apply for another extension not exceeding 31.12.2020. The requirements are as follows:
a. Letter of request from the company,
b. Passport Bio data copy [certified],
c. Revised contract to suit the company’s need, and
d. Fee of $632.00 dependents to pay additional issue fees.
- Furthermore, seeing the current pandemic and uncertainties, if company’s intend to employ the same foreign nationals for longer period may do so but they need to meet all the requirements as per the Departments new checklist.
1. Travel/residence information for visitors
Visitors can select from the four following travel/resident options.
2. Travel Information for Fiji citizens
Fiji citizens intending to travel abroad can gather Fiji passport information and travel advice
3. Fee Structure
Fees information is available.