Exemption status is granted to an unmarried child of a Fiji citizen under the age of 21 years and holder of a foreign passport to enter, reside and work in the country. Authority is under Section 8(1)(b) of the Immigration Act, 2003. Children of Fiji citizens who are 21 years old or over are exempted from holding a permit to enter and reside but must apply for a work permit if they intend to work as stipulated in Section 9(1) of the Immigration Act, 2003 and Section 16 of the Constitution.
- A letter of request from either Fiji citizen parents.
- A support letter from the guardian if the child is not residing with his/her parents in Fiji.
- Medical report for the applicant conducted within three(3) months or less from the date of application
- Certified copy of either parent’s Fiji passport (bio-data page)
- Certified copy of the child/children's passport (bio-data page)
- Certified copies of the applying child/children’s birth certificate/s.
- Two (2) recent passport size photos of the applicant