Our Visa division is responsible for the processing and issuing of pre-entry visas to eligible persons who are national of countries enacted and categorized as Non-Visa Exempted countries. Visa is a pre entry authority issued to a non citizen passport holder from non visa exempted countries that authorizes the passport holder, to travel from his/her country or any destination country outside of Fiji to Fiji’s borders. A visa does not give automatic entry rights into Fiji for the holder.
All Visa applications are considered on merit and on a case by case basis. Visa may be granted to a non citizen if for visiting friends/families, for holiday, business purposes, transit purposes or for joining a vessel as crew or passenger. Visa may also be granted to a representative of a foreign government and his/her relative.
The visa applications can be directly lodged at any Fiji Immigration Department office located in Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Savusavu, Levuka, Labasa and Rotuma or through the nearest Fiji High Commission and Embassy offices stationed abroad. Visa applications can also be lodged through faxing or posting addressing to the Visa Processing Officer.
|Suva||P O Box 2224, Government Building, Suva, Fiji|| 3312622|| 3301653|
|Nadi||P O Box 9022, Nadi Airport, Fiji|| 6722263|| 6721720|
|Lautoka||P O Box 1079, Lautoka, Fiji|| 6661706|| 6668120|
|Savusavu||P O Box 566, Savusavu, Fiji|| 8850800|| 6668120|
|Levuka||P O Box 176, Levuka, Fiji|| 3440860|| 3440860|
|Labasa||P.O.Box 4255, Labasa, Fiji|| 8811520|| 8811500|
1. Governing Laws
The following law governs the procedure and processes of the Visa:
- PART 3 Section 7 of the Immigration Act 2003;
- PART 2 Sections 3, 4, 5 & 6 of the Immigration Regulations 2007.
2.1 Single Entry Visa (SEV)
This visa is valid for 3 months and can be used for a single journey to Fiji only.
2.2 Multiple Entry Visa (MEV)
This visa is valid for multiple entries to Fiji for a period of 12 months from the date of issue. The duration of stay for each entry should not exceed 4 months.
3. Visa Application Requirements
- Correct and Fully completed official Fiji Visa Application Form [The applicant must clearly state the reason for visiting and duration of time spends]
- Two  recent coloured passport size photographs [one (1) photo to be certified]
- Original or certified copy of valid passport bio-data page
- Consent letter from spouse [if married and traveling alone]
- Consent from parents [for 18 years and under] and traveling alone
- Leave letter [if employed]
- Proof of funds to sustain duration of stay e.g. Bank statements and or for visa cards – recent bank statements for past 3 months.
- Confirmation of pre-booked hotel accommodation
- A copy of the travel itinerary/ticket
- Sponsor letter [ if a Fiji citizen or local company/organization is sponsoring to indicate the undertaking of the person for the duration of this period]
- Proof of approved visa and onward ticket [if applicant is traveling to the next country of destination after Fiji]
- If applying for multiple entry visa, submit a letter to justify the request for the multiple entry visa.
- Prequisite non-refundable Visa Application Fees [FJ$91.00 for Single Entry Visa or FJ$180.00 Multiple Entry Visa]
4. Processing Time
It takes 3 working days to process visa applications from the date of receipt by the Visa Officer. The delay in processing may occur when the applications submitted are incomplete or further clarification, additional documentation or verification of documents are required.
5. Notification of Visa Approval or Refusal
The Visa’s are endorsed on the passport or in cases where passport is not submitted, a visa approval letter is sent to the successful applicant notifying the approval of the visa, validity of the visa and duration of the stay in Fiji. If the visa application is unsuccessful, the applicant is notified in writing of the refusal of visa application and justified reasons for refusal.