A visa does not give automatic entry rights into Fiji for the holder.
All Visa applications are considered on merit and on a case by case basis. Visa may be granted to a non citizen if for visiting friends/families, for holiday, business purposes, transit purposes or for joining a vessel as crew or passenger. Visa may also be granted to a representative of a foreign government and his/her relative.
The visa applications can be directly lodged at any Fiji Immigration Department office located in Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Savusavu, Levuka and Rotuma or through the nearest Fiji High Commission and Embassy offices stationed abroad. Visa applications can also be lodged through faxing or posting addressing to the Visa Processing Officer.
|Division||Contact #||Postal Address||Fax #|
|Suva||3312622||P O Box 2224, Government Building, Suva, Fiji|| 3313093|
|Nadi||6722263||P O Box 9022, Nadi Airport, Fiji|| 6721720|
|Lautoka||6661706||P O Box 1079, Lautoka, Fiji|| 6668120|
|Savusavu||8850800||P O Box 566, Savusavu, Fiji|| 8853492|
|Levuka||3440860||P O Box 176, Levuka|| 3440860|
Governing Laws The following law governs the procedure and processes of the Visa: PART 3 Section 7 of the Immigration Act 2003; PART 2 Sections 3, 4, 5 & 6 of the Immigration Regulations 2007
1. Single Entry Visa (SEV)
This visa is valid for a single journey to Fiji only for the period of 3 months from the date of issue and the visit not to exceed 4 months stay.
2. Multiple Entry Visa (MEV)
This visa is valid for multiple journeys to Fiji for the period of 12 months from the date of issue and visit not to exceed 4 months on each visit.
Visa Application Requirements
- Correct and Fully completed official Fiji Visa Application Form [The applicant must clearly state the reason for visiting and duration of time spends]
- Two  recent coloured passport size photographs [one (1) photo to be certified]
- Original or certified copy of valid passport bio-data page
- Consent letter from spouse [if married and traveling alone]
- Consent from parents [for 18 years and under] and traveling alone
- Leave letter [if employed]
- Proof of funds to sustain duration of stay. e.g Bank statements and or for visa cards – recent bank statements for past 3 months.
- Confirmation of pre-booked hotel accommodation
- A copy of the travel itinerary/ticket
- Sponsor letter [ if a Fiji citizen or local company/organization is sponsoring to indicate the undertaking of the person for the duration of his period]
- Proof of approved visa and onward ticket [if applicant is traveling to the next country of destination after Fiji]
- Pre-requisite non-refundable Visa Application Fees - FJ$96.00 Single Entry Visa
FJ $190.00 Multiple Entry Visa
It takes 3 working days to process visa applications from the date of receipt by the Visa Officer. The delay in processing may occur when the applications submitted are incomplete or further clarification, additional documentation or verification of documents are required.
Notification of Visa Approval or Refusal
- The Visa’s are endorsed on the passport or in cases where passport is not submitted, a visa approval letter is sent to the successful applicant notifying the approval of the visa, validity of the visa and duration of the stay in Fiji.
- The visa application which is unsuccessful, the applicant is notified in writing of the refusal of visa application and justified reasons for refusal.
Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands [NZ passport holder] Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Commonwealth Dominica, Estonia, The federal Republic of Germany, The federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, The Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Holy See (Vatican), Hong Kong [SAR] Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxemburg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Nauru, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Serbia, Slovak Republic, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Zambia and Zimbabwe