Research Permit is granted to a person to undertake research for the benefit of local universities/institutions or as a part of his/her professional or educational requirement. Authority is under Section 9(2)(e) of the Immigration Act, 2003.
- A properly filled application in the official form provided by Immigration.
- Certified copies of the applicant’s passport/s (bio-data page).
- Letter of consent and endorsement from the local institution/s where the research will be undertaken.
- Ministry of Education support letter.
- Medical reports conducted within three (3) months or less from the date of application.
- Police reports in respect of applicant from the country of his/her citizenship and/or residence where he/she has lived for twelve (12) months or more in the last ten (10) years.
- Sponsorship letter and/or financial standing of the applicant.
- For research undertaken for periods less than twelve (12) months - a certified copy of a return airline ticket.
- The requisite fee.