Student Permit means a permit granted under Section 9(2)(d) of the Immigration Act, 2003 authorizing a person to study at local Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Vocational Institutions or Universities.
New Student Permit
- For regional students, they can apply for student permit while in the country. For non-regional students, it is mandatory for student permit application to be approved before entering Fiji.
- A properly filled in application in the official form provided by the Immigration Department.
- Copy of applicant's biodata page of passport
- Two (2) passport size photo
- Request letter
- Medical Report conducted within three (3) months of less from date of application
- A police report for applicant over the age of 18 years from the country of citizenship/residence.
- Acceptance letter from the institution/s or school/s.
- For sponsored students - a sponsorship letter from the organization or individual sponsor.
- For self funding students - a financial statement, copy of return ticket
- A consent letter from the parent of primary and secondary school students.
- Letter of undertaking from the local guardian and or local sponsor.
- Copy of birth certificate
- The requisite fee.
Extension of Student Permit
- Acceptance letter from school.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of current permit.
- Copy of return airline ticket.
- Copy for scholarship letter for regional students.
- Copy of bond receipt for non-regional students.
- Requisite fee.