Bond is a sum of money paid by a non-citizen applying for a permit prior to the granting of the permit as a security.
In the event where a non-citizen breaches any of the conditions of his/her permit or the non-citizen without lawful authority remains in the country after the expiration of his/her permit, the bond is forfeited to the state.
This section gives you an overview on how to apply for Cash Bond Refund and Cancellation of Bank Bond.
For New Applications
1. Letter of request (reasons for refund)
2. Original bond receipt
3. If the original receipt is misplaced or lost
4. If the name on the receipt is different from the person claiming for a refund
5. Certified copy of Passport bio data page
6. Certified copy of permit
7. If the subject has acquired Fiji citizenship
The Immigration Department will consider applications for the extension of permits on merit.
1. Request letter
2. Certified copy of bank bond
3. Certified copy of recent passport bio-data page
4. Certified copy of permit
5. If the subject has acquired Fiji citizenship
Standard application processing period is 21 working days. However, actual processing times may vary due to individual circumstances including:
We will let you know when the decision is made on your application through email.
For further inquiries, please contact: [email protected]